Lost aadhar card? Apply duplicate aadhar card online, offline. We cover the step by step process on how to apply for duplicate aadhaar card in case if you lost it.
The aadhaar card can be mainly used as:
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Relationship
- Proof of Birth
- Authentication measure etc.
So, losing your Aadhar card can be a huge pain in your support system. Therefore, gaining it back in the form of a duplicate is extremely important in order to get back in terms. It is a fairly easier task to get hold of a duplicate Aadhaar card.
Having it in any form is legal enough to use it as a Proof document. It has been clearly specified by the UIDAI that even a photocopy of the Aadhaar document is completely fine to use anywhere you want to.
You will learn more about what exactly you need to do if you have lost your Aadhaar . Also, there are a few steps that you need to follow in order to get hold of a duplicate Aadhar card, either:
Lost Aadhar Card Apply Duplicate – Online
The lost Aadhaar card can be acquired as a new Application from the Government offices with the aid of the Duplicate one.
If a candidate lost his/her Aadhar card, they have to follow two processes required in both Offline and Online process. Both techniques involved are been listed in below.
- With Enrollment ID
- With lost Aadhaar card Number
With Enrollment ID:
The candidate can apply for this method if he/she lost his/her Aadhar card details. Then with Enrolment ID (received during the registration), the candidate has to accompany these steps:
- Visit the official site of UIDAI to apply.
- Click on this link to view the page – https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Enter the details listed on the following page.
- After filling in details click “One Time Password“.
- Then you will receive the OTP or One Time Password on your registered mobile number.
- After entering OTP in the column, click “Validate & Download“.
- In the next page, you will now be able to view your Aadhar card.
The similar process includes in the other method “With Aadhar Number” to view and to Download the Duplicate Aadhar card if lost or misplaced.
With Aadhaar Number:
The candidate who lost Aadhaar, if remember or know the details of the lost UID number then there will be no meaning to search for the duplicate Aadhar card details and then to Download it.
The below steps concerns in the complete procedure to Download the Duplicate UID Card from the website itself.
- Visit the Official online portal of UIDAI – https://uidai.gov.in
- Then following the link mentioned above the candidate can view the login details page.
- Select “Aadhaar” in both options which will load its respective details.
- Fill in all the details regarding the lost Aadhaar card number along with other details.
- After that, an OTP is sent to the registered mobile number.
- Then enter the One Time Password in the section below and then click “Validate & Download” to view and Download the Aadhar card.
After clicking on that, the verification process will run to check whether the details filled in the columns matched with the data stored in the UIDAI Website servers.
If the details matches then the lost Aadhar Card’s duplicate copy starts to Download. If it is not started, then press “CTRL+P” to start the download of the lost Aadhar card.
The list of details that are to be entered in login details section is been listed below.
- Enrolment ID/Aadhar Number
- Full Name
- Pin Code
- Captcha Image & Text
- One Time Password (OTP)
These are the details that are to be filled by the candidate who applies for a Duplicate Aadhaar card.
- If the details entered in the columns do not match with details stored, the application gets rejected.
The whole online procedure is divided into two stages as Stage-I where the login details are to be filled to receive an OTP & Stage-II where the OTP received has to be used to download the lost Aadhar card.
Duplicate Aadhaar – Offline Procedure
If the candidate has no access to Internet infrastructure should visit the local Enrollment office or any UIDAI office so that he can apply for Duplicate Aadhar card manually.
- Obtain the prescribed application form in the office.
- Fill in all the essential details.
- Enter the UIDAI number or Enrollment ID in the columns.
- Attach a photograph and submit it to the office.
- The candidate has to select the mode of delivery.
The Duplicate copy of the candidate’s UIDAI which is lost will reach the applicant according to the mode of delivery he/she selected while applying for the Duplicate Aadhar card.
The Enrolment ID is given to the specific individual when he/she applied for the new Aadhar Card as a reference number which will give access to the candidate to collect the new Aadhar card after he/she applied.
- So, if a citizen lost his/her Aadhar card then there will be no reason for panicking about it.
- Just follow the procedure to gain a new Aadhar card with the lost Aadhar card’s number.
The UIDAI number is a 12-digit number which is provided to all UID cardholders by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
The UIDAI is issued to all the citizens as it is unique and can eliminate the fake documents and identities submitted to the government authorities during application procedures.
The photographic and demographic details of the particular citizen or resident are stored in the Aadhar card data of that citizen. It can be viewed and submitted as proof during applying for exams.
In case if you need any more information about duplicate aadhar card/ lost aadhar. Just do contact us. We’do happy to help you.